Outdoor Community Rink and Warm-Up Shack
The Wildwood Community Association maintains a lighted outdoor skating rink and warm-up / changing shack located in the Bishop Pocock schoolyard.
- Ice maintenance and Rink Shack availability is from December to March each winter, weather permitting.
- Rink lights are on every evening from dusk until approximately 10:30pm.
- Supervised skating hours / warm-up shack opening hours for Winter 2018/2019:
- Tuesday & Thursday 5:00 – 9:00pm
- Sunday 2:00 – 4:00pm
- Supervised time periods may be cancelled if wind chill factor is colder than -27°C
- Please remember that the rink is for use by anyone regardless of age, and respect young children and families. Leave room for all patrons to use the ice (there is plenty of room for both skating and hockey).
- Keep food and drinks off the ice surface as it may damage our snowblowers and the ice.
- Feel free to use the shovels to scrape the ice—but please return them to the shack when you are done.
- If you scrape the ice please push the snow all the way to the boards and remove it from the ice so that the edges are not curved upwards.
If your sports league is interested in renting the rink, please contact us for more information.