April 2010

Published by WCA on

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:”Table Normal”; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:””; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:”Times New Roman”,”serif”;}

Wildwood Community Association

Board of Directors Meeting

April 19, 2010

 

Attendance – Jorgen Lorenzen, Chantelle Diakuw, Sherralee Hanson, Jerrett Bergovich, Art Lord, Keith Wiesgerber, Terry Fusco, Denise Bandet Reaser

Meeting called to order at 7:41pm

Agenda approved.

Adoption of minutes from March 15, 2010 Directors meeting. Motioned by Jorgen Lorenzen Second by Keith Weisgerber. CARRIED

Other Business

Add correspondence/email to monthly directors meeting agenda.

Community Consultant’s Report – Art Lord

Report as attached.

Walking poles available, volunteer appreciation night, treasurers workshop reminders.

Confirm Saskatchewan Lotteries Grant application. Contact Gary Baba.

Annual Operating Grant. Todd and Chantelle to sign and submit application by April 30, 2010.

Annual Program Grant. Chantelle to submit forms for community events held in 2009.

Cost as Barrier Funding. Forms to be submitted indicating the communities policy and advertising of available programming for low income families/individuals for the previous year. Not sure what the communities policy is, contact Todd for information. Value was approximated at $1,200.00.

Rink Operating Grant. Jorgen to submit forms by May 10, 2010. Repairs to rink shack and snowblower to be completed by April 30, 2010.

Finance Report – Todd Marien

No report

Indoor Activities Coordinator – Alison Kraft

– Sherralee, Chantelle, Jerrett attended Indoor Coordinators Workshop on March 31, 2010. Meetings are ongoing. Discussion on the scheduling of core programs and special programming to avoid conflicts at venues.

Communications – Sherralee Hanson

Sherralee comments on changing fiscal year and suggest it remains as is.

Sherralee would like to create a new newsletter and circulate 4 times a year instead of 3 with more advertising. 3500 dwelling within community boundaries and suggest mail outs. Terry mentions that Canada Post and The Star Phoenix have zone for mail out so care need to be taken when organizing. Keith suggest using youths to deliver as well. Idea has been table and a vote will take place at next meeting.

Membership Co-ordinator

no report

Soccer – Terry Fusco

Spring soccer schedule available on April 23, 2010. There are 4 teams at under 6, 2 teams at under 8, 2 teams at under 10.

Terry is not sure if Alison Kraft is coaching Kindersoccer. He would like to know as there is interest and a coach is available.

Discussion about the use and availability of the small shed on Bishop Pocock property. Contact with the City of Saskatoon will have to be made to determine.

Football – Terry Fusco

One team of Grade 3 – 4 and 10 players. Terry is looking for footballs and Keith mentioned that they are in the rink shack.

Golf – Terry Fusco

– All set to go. First lesson is May 3 and second lesson is May 10. There will be 6 rounds of 9 hole golf to follow. There are 18 registered.

 

Basketball – Jorgen Lorenzen

Community had a team registered for the tournament in Edmonton for the weekend of April 17, 2010.

Erica Florizone is coaching a Grade 6 – 7 team that has 12 players.

There is a club within the community.

Civics – Denise Bandet Reaser

Inquirer had requested that they be added to the communities liability insurance after they found some property within Wildwood to set up a community garden. Upon further investigation the inquirer had found that the property was city owned and insurance could be acquired through the city.

Softball – Keith Weisgerber

Now has five teams within the community because of extra registrants from other communities.

There is a lot of old equipment in the shed that needs to be disposed or recycled. Keith to contact Saskatoon Sports Council for more information on this.

There is new equipment available from the Hustlers and other organizations.

Keith will attend the Treasurers Workshop and possibly take over for Todd.

Social – Gary Baba

No report.

Rink – Jorgen Lorenzen

No report.

Member at large – Nicole Eramain

No report.

Secretary – Jerrett Bergovich

June meeting at Bishop Pocock for the 14th at 7:30pm in library.

Date for AGM/Fall Registration to be tabled at next meeting.

Past President –

No report

President – Chantelle Diakuw

There are two individuals available to fill empty position. One can assume the responsibility of the website while the other is yet to be determined. Sherralee to continue with communications.

Next meeting May 17, 2010 at 7:30pm

Meeting adjourned at 8:55pm. Motioned by Keith. Second by Sherralee. All in favor.