Culture Days 2012
Create, Participate & Celebrate’ September 28th to 30th – Culture Days is a collaborative coast-to-coast-to-coast volunteer movement to raise the awareness, accessibility,participation and engagement of Canadians in the arts and cultural life of their communities. To find out how to get involved and what is happening in Saskatoon and Saskatchewan, visit www.culturedays.ca.
It’s Culture Time on 20th – Free Workshops & Activities in multiple locations on 20th Street & nearby.
Friday, September 28:
- From Ideas to Ink: An Introduction to Screen Printing;
- Artist Talk & Studio Visit;
- Yevshan Ukrainian Dancers – Open Studio;
- Two Spirit Medicine Pouch Beading
Saturday, September 29:
- Public Art Tour;
- Métis Jigging & Square Dancing;
- Paved Arts & AKA;
- TheStall Gallery;
- La Troup du Jour, Saskatchewan Native Theatre Company and Danielle Raymond ExquisiteCorpse Costumes;
- From Ordinary to Extraordinary- A drag performance workshop with PhilomenaFlynn- Flawn;
- Historic Walking Tour of Riversdale;
- The Two Twenty Tuneshop (Song-writing);
- Saskatoon Symphony – Maestro Hero
Sunday, September 30:
- Traditional Pow-Wow: Song and Dance;
- Historic Walking Tour ofRiversdale;
- The Whitecap Connection: The Historical Connection between Chief Whitecap, his Band & Nutana Community;
- Prairie Prism;
- Henna – Story-telling – Karen Weaving – African Hair-braiding – Sari wrapping Origami & more.